Eco & Ethical Christmas Gift Ideas

Christmas is a wonderful time of year, where we all gather to exchange gifts and enjoy time together. And whilst it’s a lovely time of year, it is also incredibly wasteful; from the copious amounts of wrapping paper to gifts that aren’t really ethical or eco-friendly.

I’m all about putting a lot of thought into a gift that I know will be loved, whether it’s something I buy or make. It’s really important to me that items I gift will last, are useful and/or can also encourage a greener lifestyle.

Making gifts is a favourite thing of mine, but not everyone has the time, the skill or knows where to begin. So I’ve put together a Christmas gift guide of items ranging from natural skin care to items that’ll help your giftee live a little greener. The items listed are things we’ve personally used as a family, or that have come highly recommended from friends. Enjoy!

Vegan & Ethical Christmas Gift Ideas - Bath Salts, Body Butter & Beautiful Scented Candles

Clockwise L-R: Bath salts with pink Himalayan salt, organic essential oils and natural ingredients, Soft skin organic aromatherapy collection, Natural soy candle

– All from Corinne T Holistic* on Etsy

Eco & Organic Christmas Gifts For Hair And Skin

Clockwise L-R: Botanical facial steam by Southsea Bathing Hut*, Pomegranate face cream by Gaia Creams, Moroccan mint shampoo bar by Aroma Awakening*, Green clay face mask from Sweet Cecily’s*

Christmas Gifts For The Eco Conscious Person - Joco Coffee Cup, Klean Kanteen Flask, EcoJarz Lid + Organic Cotton Kitchen Cloth

Clockwise L-R: Organic Cotton kitchen & washcloth, Klean kanteen flask, Ecojarz stainless steel & silicone lid,      Joco reusable coffee cup

– All from Boobalou (Use EcoMama for 10% off)

Zero Waste Books + Books On Crafting For Eco Friendly Christmas IdeasClockwise L-R: Herbal Academy – various herbal courses, Bea Johnson – Zero Waste Home Book*, Rosemary Gladstar – Herbal Recipes Book*, Pure Soapmaking Book* by Anne-Marie Faiola, The Artful Wooden Spoon by Joshua Vogel

Christmas Gifts - Knife Making Course, Bushcrafting & Bamboo Socks

Clockwise L-R: Bamboo towel from Eko, Bamboo mens socks* from Thought Clothing, Safety Razor* from The Shaving Shack, Mens beer soap, shaving soap & bowl* from Etsy, Knife making course from Dave Budd, Hygge book* by Meik Wiking, Bamboo ladies socks* from Thought Clothing

Eco & Ethicals Childrens Christmas Gifts

Clockwise L-R: Face/makeup remover wipes from Silly Panda, Organic cotton PJ’s from Little Green Radicals, Haba tack board from Babi Pur, Grimms rainbow boat stacker from Babi Pur, It Starts With A Seed* book by Laura Knowles

What are you buying for Christmas this year? Has anything in this guide helped inspire you? Remember, these gifts aren’t just for Christmas – they make perfect birthday gifts, too.

Sharing is caring! Please give this post a share and help it get seen <3

*This post contains some affiliate links which are denoted with a star after the link. It does not cost you anything, but I make a small percentage from the sale which helps pay for my website costs. Thank you for supporting me!

1. 9th December 2016 / 7:51 pm

This is the best gift list I’ve ever seen! Saving forever, thank you for sharing <3

• 11th December 2016 / 8:14 pm

Thanks lovely! xox

2. lisalambert38 - Mumdadplus4.co.uk
    11th December 2016 / 8:08 am

Love this, I like that it’s not the same old tat from the high street that everyone gets

• 11th December 2016 / 8:16 pm

Thanks, Lisa! I put a lot of thought into my gift guide. I really appreciate your comment xo

3. 11th December 2016 / 2:57 pm

So many lovely gifts featured here. I totally agree with you that Christmas can be very wasteful and people buy loads of “stuff” just for the sake of it. My family this year are doing a £10/£20 limit per person and it means we all get something that we want/need to open on the day but we’re not spending a whole lot of money and getting loads of stuff for no reason.

V Sirvikalot Blog

• 11th December 2016 / 3:47 pm

I find people often waste money buying things like ‘smellies’ sets they see in the supermarkets and think yeah, that’ll do. Shops are clever with where they display stuff, so you end up buying their gift suggestions. Despite the fact it’s likely something your giftee wasn’t after. I am a HUGE fan of DIY gifts, and do things like bath salts, sugar scrubs and crochet hats/scarves for Christmas xx

4. 11th December 2016 / 3:48 pm

I love bath salts too! They make such a great Christmas gift x

5. 11th December 2016 / 5:47 pm

I have the hygge book on my wishlist! Some great eco friendly gifts x

6. 11th December 2016 / 7:11 pm

I’m debating buying The Hygge Book by Meik Wiking as I am so fascinated by it and everything Hygge x

7. 11th December 2016 / 7:25 pm

Love these ideas. Especially the body butter, it looks lush.

8. 11th December 2016 / 8:47 pm

I am really liking the look of those bath salts, of which I am a huge convert!

9. 11th December 2016 / 9:12 pm

Fantastic gift guide, lots of ideas here for birthdays as well!

10. Justine
    11th December 2016 / 9:19 pm

Such a lovely collection of products AND they are not from the high-street which is a massive bonus for avoiding unnecessary packaging. Will definitely be pinning this post for gift ideas. thanks

11. 12th December 2016 / 8:06 am

Those pyjamas are adorable and the yule spice sounds lovely

12. 12th December 2016 / 9:09 am

Great list, that’s my shopping list sorted!

13. christy bartle
    13th December 2016 / 9:32 am

Theyre some lovely gift ideas, thanks for sharing.
    For christmas we’re not getting/buying loads, kids are getting lego and a dolls house , hubby some books (preloved…so total eco points there lol) And the best gift of all is spending time together, after losing our dog a few weeks back we just all need to spend some quality time together and be thankful for what we do have.
    Have a fab christmas x x

14. 14th December 2016 / 10:14 am

I am really loving this gift list, it is always lovely to see something different x