No More Taboo – Monthly Hug Box

No More Taboo is a not-for-profit social enterprise who want to tackle period poverty in the UK. They run education programmes for young people in the UK and elsewhere, along with running charitable projects, breaking taboos, and selling sustainable menstrual products.

Did you know that 1 in 5 people in the South West of England are in poverty? Imagine not being able to afford menstrual products, and having to forgo them in order to put food on the table or heat your home. I’ve been there myself after I lost my job many years ago, which led me to selling my belongings to buy reusable products. So this organisation and its goals are, in my opinion, really important and close to my heart.

Monthly Hug Boxes To Tackle Period Poverty

In order to tackle taboo and help with the period poverty issue in the UK, No More Taboo have created monthly boxes called Monthly Hug. The idea behind it is to get people tackle openly about their periods and enjoy ethical and sustainable goodies to help perk you up on your period.

The money made from selling these Monthly Hug boxes will be funnelled into their charitable project to tackle period poverty.

Each month, the boxes will contain different things. I was sent the June box and it contained:

• Yoopod Online Pilates Class – Free taster class and 14 day free trial
  • English Tea Shop – 4 different flavours
  • Oakwood Soaperie Soap – 30g mini bar of soap
  • Natural Wisdow Solid Perfume 4g
  • The Raw Chocolate Company – full size bar of goji orange

Everything is vegan and gluten free. Plus, each item is sourced from an independant small or medium UK business.

Treats to perk up your period by No More Taboo. The money from these boxes goes into tackling period poverty

Each month, the contents of the box will change.

Launching Monthly Hugs – On Crowdfunder Now

In order to get these awesome monthly boxes launched, No More Taboo have launched a Crowdfunder campaign to raise the money needed. They are just over half way there with their goal, and you can help.

For a £15 reward pledge you can get this months box right NOW! Or you can just donate a couple of quid that you may have spare.

I will be making a donation as I truly believe in this project. And, for those of you who’ve followed me for a while, you know how much I care about tackling period poverty here in the UK. It’s why I work behind the scenes to send out big boxes of menstrual supplies donated by readers and brands to shelters, organisations, and individuals who are making period kits to hand out to homeless people.

No More Taboo

If you’d like to learn more about what they do or get involved then hop over to their website. You can even buy menstrual cups and cloth pads, too!

Will you be helping support the Monthly Hugs campaign?

This post contains PR samples - all opinions are my own.

1. 17th June 2017 / 7:35 am

This is great! Will definitely be checking out their website 🙂

2. 20th June 2017 / 2:18 pm

What a great idea! I had no idea about the extent of period poverty so it’s great to know there are organisations out there trying to help x

3. 20th June 2017 / 2:30 pm

What a great idea to help. I’ll definitely go and give these guys a look. I’m also interested in seeing your posts on cloth pads and the menstrual cups as that isn’t something I’ve relly read about before! Thanks for the education on this 🙂

4. 20th June 2017 / 6:31 pm

What an awesome sounding idea for a monthly box, it makes me sad that even here in the UK we have people who cannot afford sanitary products.

5. 20th June 2017 / 6:40 pm

This is such an awesome program. It is sad what people to do to afford things. People in poverty do similar things here in the states as well. The items in this month’s box sound great and I hope poverty can eventually be defeated, not just in the UK, but all over.

6. 20th June 2017 / 9:23 pm

Amazing idea, and such a great cause to support. I’ve been looking for a good subscription box to treat myself to for a while, I may have to try this one!

7. 20th June 2017 / 11:21 pm

A great idea and it would be awful to being able to afford menstrual products. Nice to see you promoting this 🙂 x

8. 21st June 2017 / 8:54 am

I love this idea! We all need a pick me up during our period and this is perfect.

9. hannah
    21st June 2017 / 9:45 am

This box looks great. I’ve never heard of No More Taboo before. Thanks for sharing

10. 21st June 2017 / 11:22 am

What a lovely idea, I know at the time of the month I would love a little treat!

11. 21st June 2017 / 1:20 pm

This is a great initiative! The mix of vegan and charitable is a brilliant combination. I’ll be sure to check them out. x

12. 21st June 2017 / 1:30 pm

This ia a great idea. I’ve not heard about this before! I may have to try it out. Its nice knowing that the money will go to someone in need too

13. 21st June 2017 / 10:40 pm

Such a great idea for the Monthly hug box, love the contents and the cause it is supporting!

14. 22nd June 2017 / 9:17 am

This is an amazing campaign, there are so many people that need help. As subscription boxes are so popular it’s a fab way to raise funds ad awareness!

15. 22nd June 2017 / 7:25 pm

It sounds like an interesting concept. I hope that they are able get round to helping as many as possible although I think they need to make the box a little less basic to make it more appealing. There are so many good causes people are donating to at the moment I think they need to make their product stand out a bit more.

16. 23rd June 2017 / 11:18 am

Wowee, we never realised that poverty effected so many in this country 🙁 it’s really sad, however great that this box and campaign is helping that. It’s good that the small businesses are getting a boost too from it x

17. 23rd June 2017 / 6:49 pm

What a great selection. I am very curious to try the bar of goji orange. Sounds really delicious.

18. 24th June 2017 / 10:45 pm

This is great info! I love all the goodies! I will check out their website today!