“Simple and jargon-free posts about living a greener lifestyle”
Hello there! My name is Tamsin Hopkins and I’m an award winning ‘Green Living/Eco’ Blogger. I guess you’re here because you want to know a little more about me?
Well, aside from being a total book geek and wannabe earth mother with a menstrual cup obsession, I’m also a huge sci-fi fan. Especially when it comes to Stargate SG1 and Sanctuary. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve rewatched both series. And let’s be honest, who doesn’t love a strong female character like Samantha Carter or Helen Magnus? (I’m SO inspired by and look up to actress Amanda Tapping – who I’ve met and had tea with.. and she’s read this blog! *fans self*).
I’m also someone who suffers from a very rare congenital condition called Heterotaxy Syndrome. For years I’ve been sick, always being fobbed off as being ‘too young to be ill’, and generally neglected by medical professionals. That was until 2014 when a trip to hospital on blue lights resulted in my issues starting to be uncovered. Because of my Heterotaxy Syndrome, I have several other co-morbid conditions such as Polysplenia, Pancreatic Agenesis (which in itself has caused Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency), Sphincter of Oddy Dysfunction, Recurring Pancreatitis, Gastroparesis (tube fed through an NJ as a result) and many other conditions. You can browse my posts on Chronic Illness here if you’re curious!
Anyway, enough about me and more about what I can do for you. Ever wondered how you be a little greener with your lifestyle, but you’ve no idea where to begin? Well, you’ve come to the right place! On this website you’ll find useful and informative posts on green living; from getting started with going zero waste, to making your own skin and hair care, right through to what brands of cloth pads or menstrual cups I recommend, eco/green product reviews and everything else in-between.
Are you ready to start making those changes? Let’s go! Click on the menu along the top of the website to navigate to the category you’re interested in or use the search bar on the right or at the bottom of this post if you’re on mobile. Also, please sign up to my newsletter for notifications on my super awesome giveaways and exclusive discounts. I promise I won’t ever send you spam and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Awards & Publications
I’ve been lucky enough to have been published in print, interviewed and nominated for some wonderful awards. Below is a full and current list of my nominations, awards, publications and guest posts.
- Janey Loves Platinum Awards 2017 – Best Eco/Wellness Blog
- Winner for the UK Blog Awards 2017 – Green & Eco Category
- Finalist for the UK Blog Awards 2017 – Green & Eco Category
- Eco Fluffy Mama | Highly Commended – UK Blog Awards Ceremony 2016 – Health & Social Category
- Finalist for the UK Blog Awards 2016 – Green & Eco Category
- Finalist for the UK Blog Awards 2016 – Health & Social Category
- Finalist for the UK Blog Awards 2015 – Health & Social Category
- Nominated MADS Awards 2016 – Outstanding Contribution
- Nominated MADS Awards 2016 – Best Blogger & Best Lifestyle Blog
- Top 100 Resource Hot 100 – Ranked #36 – Waste Wizard 2016
- Nominated Resource Hot 100 – Waste Wizard 2016
- Top 100 Resource Hot 100 – Ranked #29 – Waste Wizard 2015
- Nominated Resource Hot 100 – Waste Wizard 2015
- Double page spread – Juno Magazine – Spring 2015/Issue 39 – Cloth Comfort
- Feature ‘Tamsin Hopkins recommends cloth pads for teens’ Juno Magazine – Winter 2015/ Issue 42 – Positive Puberty
- 3 page spread – Juno Magazine – Autumn 2016/Issue 45 – Menstrual Cups
- Online Article on Juno – Tamsin Hopkins encourages women to use menstrual cloth pads
- Guest Post on TOTM – Detox your tampons and pads
- Interviewed by Marketwatch – Thinx Period Undies – Issue Regarding Poor Treatment Of Staff
- Suffolk Free Press Newspaper & Online (May 17th 2017) – ‘Blogging is just the job for eco mother Tamsin‘.
- BBC Radio Suffolk (29th May 2017) – Live interview with Sarah Lilley (from 1hr 21 mins on BBC Player)
Let’s chat! I love to hear from my readers and I enjoy working with brands. I’m a busy Mum of 1 and I get a very large amount of emails, which means it might take a little while to reply.
To e-mail me directly instead of the contact form: email@example.com
If you’d like to work with me then please do get in touch. You can find more information about working with me here.